Thursday, March 12, 2020

Editing Blog: Re-Edit Blog

In this blog I will be talking about my re-editing process I went through for my project. Before i get into the details about the process, I will break down the process of editing itself. Editing is the process of selecting and preparing writing and photography. Editing also deals with visual, audible, and film media and is used to convey information. The editing process can involve correction, condensation, organization. The process can also involve many other modifications performed with an intention of producing a correct, consistent, accurate and complete work. For this project since I used a Mac book, I used the iMovie Editing software by Apple. Apple's iMovie video editing software generates beautiful titles with various effects in just a couple of clicks. Additionally in general, playing nice with other Apple products is something iMovie is quite good at. It will automatically bring in photos, videos, and audio clips from iCloud too. During the re-edit process I didn' do much of the editing but I did my part. To be a good video editor you need to be a storyteller, which means you must understand the elements to that story. A good video editor is more than just a button pusher; they're a storyteller, a listener, a problem solver and and an artist all in one. Video editing can be hard to do because usually, it's something that you hardly notice. It's only when things go bad that you'll notice a lack of good video editing. To begin you should start with good video footage. Good video editing is easy if you have good footage, to begin with. Good thing in my project we edited once before but i wasn't able to make it. All i really did was fix certain transitions into some scenes and made sure the film flowed. All in all my re-editing process was smooth as a baby's bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment